- This event has passed.
Scholastic Parents’ Night
October 14, 2020 @ 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
We hope you’ll join us for Scholastic Parents Night, a virtual event designed to make this untraditional school year a little more manageable—and fun! A panel of Scholastic editors and education experts will share learn-at-home tips, book recommendations, and more, and be available for a Q&A.
We will joined by:
- Moderator John Schu – Host of Book Joy Live, author of the popular blog Watch. Read. Connect. and Ambassador of School Libraries for Scholastic Book Fairs.
- Tami Charles – Guest Author of All Because You Matter
- Liza Baker – Vice President and Publisher (Picture Books and Scholastic Early Learners)
- Katie Carella – Executive Editor (Acorn/Branches)
- Katie Woehr – Senior Editor (Bob Books, I Survived series)
- David Saylor – Vice President and Creative Director (Graphix)
Attendees who visit the store after the event will get a goodie bag (on a first come, first serve basis), and all attendees will receive digital activities, brochures and more!
Attendees will also be entered to win a book bundle, which includes
- BunBun and BonBon #1: Fancy Friends written and illustrated by Jess Keating
- Hello Hedgehog #1: Do You Like My Bike? Written and illustrated by Norm Feuti
- My Sticker Dictionary from Scholastic Early Learners
- Everything Awesome About Dinosaurs written and illustrated by Mike Lowery
- I Survived the Attacks of September 11, 2001 by Lauren Tarshis.
We hope you join us for this special event!
Link to event page (YouTube): https://youtu.be/d8yLMbam-0o
Link to Recommended Book List (Google Sheet): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pL7YHU4MY12WbalLGgV9Npi8Tl2-17lbXfmZeZNmNPw/edit?usp=sharing